Re: aroma

Apr 14, 1996 04:25 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:52 PM 4/14/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Jerry,
>
>The minute you quote HPB as using the word "aroma", you get away from the
>idea of a word processor. WP's don't have an aroma, but I think what a
>person takes with them has such intangibles.
>
>Liesel
>Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR
>
>Liesel: They didn't have word processors (or even good typwriters) in HPB's
time so she couldn't have looked in that direction for her mataphor. The
"aroma" she was referring to had nothing to do with smell, and she could
have, and in fact did, use the word "flavour" instead, or ven "tint" and yet
none of them have anything to do with anything but the nature of the
life-experience, and the understandings and knowledge accumulated during the
life-experience. This is all quite possible to describe as 'Data". Knowledge
and data are synonyms. You just find the term "data" too impersonal. Your
personality is simply an item in the data assembled and accumulated during
the past years since your birth. It may be too abstract to be enjoyable, but
that's how it is. "No Religion Higher Than Truth" remember?

alexis