Re: To:Jerry Re: human word processor

Apr 14, 1996 03:27 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Liesel:
>The minute you quote HPB as using the word "aroma", you get away from the
>idea of a word processor. WP's don't have an aroma, but I think what a
>person takes with them has such intangibles.

	From a "word processor" yes.  But we were talking about a
data processor, which is a lot more generic (a word processor is
a very specific data processor).  Our brains, for example, are data
processors.  Our memories are processed data.
	As for "aroma" I don't think HPB meant smell or odor.  I
think she meant the "essence" of one's life.  Our "aroma" (her word,
not mine) will contain all of our processed memories and the karmic
burden of our past life.  The latter are in the form of 'shistas' or
seeds: the reminants of our past life which will be used as a
foundation for the next one.  These too are a type of processed data.
	I am not a "human word processor" but rather a "human
data processor."  We all are.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI