[no subject]

Apr 13, 1996 02:39 PM
by Richtay

 on good authority rthat the ULT has perhaps one thousand
> members world-wide, I'm not sure which are the "other two" that make up
your
> five.

I'll take quality over quantity any day, and that goes for my good friends in
the Pasadena T.S. as well.  Those folks do tremendously good work, and there
is little to no friction between Pasadena and ULT.

Just two weekends ago, I attended the William Q. Judge gathering, hosted by
ULT and Pasadena T.S. jointly.  It was smooth, enjoyable, and truly
informative.  (And yes, I saw Eldon there, I know he has already posted a
report to the board).

So what if the numbers are small?  I'd rather have 3 adepts than a nation
full of fools.

But just for the record, ULT has quite a few thousand worldwide.  I don't
believe the associates have ever been counted, per se, but judging solely
from the number of associate letters that go out annually, we are looking at
perhaps 4 or 5,000.

I would be curious, Alexis, as to the source of your "good authority."

As for "superannuated," in the ULT there are quite a few young ones.  I am
26, and there are many active members younger than me, in their teens and
early twenties.  Not to mention Theosophy School for kids.  I would say,
however, the median age is around 45 or 50.

The only "authority" is our OWN understanding of the philosophy.

I check with no one before I post on Theos-L, and I say what I like.  And I
have significant disagreements with a few other ULT students.  So what?

If you folks are having such problems with the TS Adyar/Wheaton, and you are
so unhappy, why not do something else and leave those people alone?