To Alexis rE: Karma

Apr 13, 1996 06:52 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

        Dear Alexis,

If one doesn't, over lifetimes, become more spiritual because of practices,
why then is there a belief that you can influence your Karma by your actions?
Liesel
Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR

Liesel: I could go along with that if I believed, even slightly, that it is
the humanphysical personality which "becomes" more "spiritual" by way of
practices. But I don't! We are all essentially spirits and only inhabit
these "bodies" of ours for a little while. Nothing we do, or don't do in any
way effects that. I'm very sorry but that business about the "fear still
being in the meat" is just pure nonsense, at least as far as I'm concerned.
"It is not that which goeth into a man which defileth him, but that which
goeth out" and I think the "goeth out" part refers to actions and words
rather than the by-poducts of ingestion. As I see it, "spirit" is "spirit"
and "flesh is f;lesh" and they really don't effect one another. Now, I am
not promiscuous as you knw, but what others do is none of my business.