Re: hpb

Apr 13, 1996 00:50 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

JRC:

In all the postings I have made on this list, I have never said anything
negative about HPB. Did I say she may have made a few mistakes? Well, didn't
she? Doesn't everyone? Did she either expect or desire to be deified? She
sure as hell didn't? I have made it clear that I prefer Isis" to the Secret
Doctrine" is that a slam at HPB? As far as I know she wrote both books. I
have nothing but admiration and, in fact, love for HPB and not just because
she's my cousin. I love her becuase she was a feisty, independent, unique
person, far more unique than most. So the only thing I can assume you mean
to say I said when I "upset some people" is when I said she was an active
cross-dressing Lesbian for most of her life. That, coming from ME, is hardly
to be considered a "slam" at HPB! A "slam" is when someone says something
they think is "bad" about someone. I am, as you well know, the absolutely
LAST person to consider the attribution of Homosexuality to be a "bad"
thing. Now, I am not addressing this posting to you JRC, becuase I know you
don't have the kind of problems that would cause people to be "upset" when
told HPB was Gay, but I am addressing those who would feel so, through the
medium of your posting. I am so doing becuase your ownposting addressed the
rest of Rich Tay's problems, and very well too, but "speak of the Devil
and...." you mentioned me and so "pop" there I am!

alexis