Re: debate (to bee)

Apr 12, 1996 09:55 PM
by Drpsionic

Bee,
If you think this list gets ferocious, you should attend a TS meeting in
America sometimes.  I thought a couple of people were going to come to blows
at last summer's convention during the great pronoun war and I only managed
to stop the fight by making the not-entirely-serious suggestion that maybe
the society should get rid of the three objects altogether.  That so shocked
everyone that they were speechless for two minutes and had to start talking
about something else.
It could be that in New Zealand things are just more placid and you are not
used to our style of debate.  My own postings that have caused such a furor
between the fundamentalists (for lack of a better word) and the revisionists
are actually not new ideas.  I have been spreading them around Olcott for
almost 15 years now and everyone who knows me is probably rather bored with
them, so it is stimulating to have a debate over these thoughts for the first
time in what often seems forever.
When I joined the TS there was a saying in the American Section that went
something like this:
Two Theosophists is an argument.
Three Theosophists is a study center.
Four Theosophists is a convention.
Five Theosophists is a riot.
But we have calmed down.  We have not had a murder in a TS meeting in ages.
And, between you, me and the rest of the list, if Radha had had a sex life
the TS might be in better shape.

Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker