Re:Survival

Apr 12, 1996 01:54 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Alexis:
>I have to ask why is the SD considered the "core teaching" of Theosophy when
>it is entirely a Vedic and Mahayana Buddhist based work? What about "Isis
>Unveiled" why is it that most Theosophist's whom I've met tend to utterly
>ignore the work that started the theosophical movement on its way?
	Actually, I rather like Isis as well.  It was while reading Isis that I
became a Theosophist.  But the last chapter of Isis covers magic, and it
does so in such detail, that it is clear HPB was a magican and seemed
to be advocating it.  I suspect a lot of Theosphists would like to cut out
the last chapter altogether.

> As to Institutionalized Theosophy (all three of them), survive? They
>are all three totally moribund! I'll tell you this none of them will survive
> the century if they don't wake up.
	This seems to be the opinion of several on theos-l.  I don't
happen to share it.  Time will tell, I guess. (ps. actually, there are more
than three.  I am aware of at least five.)

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI