Re: Mature?

Apr 12, 1996 01:13 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 01:13 PM 4/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Sexuality & diet *do* have to do with it. I don't think a promiscuous person
>is very mature, & spiritual people are. Part of becoming more spiritual is
>finding ways to attune yourself to finer & finer vibes. That implies not
>eating meat & exposing yourself, for example, to the fears the animals went
>through while they were being killed. That fear is still in their meat.

Liesel: I could go along with that if I believed, even slightly, that it is
the humanphysical personality which "becomes" more "spiritual" by way of
practices. But I don't! We are all essentially spirits and only inhabit
these "bodies" of ours for a little while. Nothing we do, or don't do in any
way effects that. I'm very sorry but that business about the "fear still
being in the meat" is just pure nonsense, at least as far as I'm concerned.
"It is not that which goeth into a man which defileth him, but that which
goeth out" and I think the "goeth out" part refers to actions and words
rather than the by-poducts of ingestion. As I see it, "spirit" is "spirit"
and "flesh is f;lesh" and they really don't effect one another. Now, I am
not promiscuous as you knw, but what others do is none of my business.