Re: No Mail today

Apr 12, 1996 12:13 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:32 AM 4/12/96 -0500, you wrote:
>In message <960411155004_189231082@emout10.mail.aol.com>,
>Coherence@aol.com writes
>>Help.  I did not receive my mail today.  Could someone please post the "get
>>theos-l" function instructions again?  And how do you know if you've been
>>dropped from the list, as was discussed a short time ago?
>>
>>Many thanks
>>
>>Greg H
>
>e-mail to listproc@vnet.net -
>
>get theos-l theos-l.960411
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>
>Greg: As this happens tome with unfortunate regularity, I'll tell you what
I do. When I receive a "Sorry No Mail for You" message I just sutomatically
assume that I've somehow gotten dropped from the list. I assume this because
all of my other access provider services (I use Slip.net) are still
available therefore it's a "glitch" with the List.proc. As sonn as I get the
"no Mail" message I sent the following to List.proc@vnet.net (two lines) 1.
signoff Theos-l and 2. Subscribe Theos-l My Name. It always works and I'm
back on by evening of that day. I go on the net in the morning and just at
bed-time so there's never too manymessages to handle. JohnMead posted
amessage that said that these problems were caused by the Access Provider
and were usually due to unpaid accounts. But I don't see how that's possible
for I always continue to have the ability to send and receive private mail,
it's only the "List" that I lose, and, at least in my case, it's impossible
for my account to be unpaid as it's through a Corporate guaranteed Credit
card with salary deducted payments.
I hope this has been helpful.

alexis