Re: Parzifal

Apr 12, 1996 00:09 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:33 PM 4/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Chuck:
>
>(writing to Alex)
>
>>A buffoon is not necessarily harmless but is certainly funny in his
>>hypocrisy.
>
>Since "Buffoon" is being used a lot on theos-l, I looked it up in
>my American Heritage Dictionary:
>
>AHD> 1. A clown, a jester. 2. A person given to clowing and joking.
>AHD> 3. A ludicrous or bumbling person, a fool.
>
>Well, we seem to see examples matching all these definitions in
>theosophical groups.
>
>Of all the definitions, I'd prefer #3, if you consider someone as
>the divine fool, like "The Fool" in the tarot, someone with an
>innocence to life that makes of him a saint. (Of course, worldly-wise
>saints are also useful role models...)
>
>-- Eldon
>
>Eldon:

I have always felt that the "fool" as depicted in the Tarot deck, would have
to be definition 4. Parzifal, who is the "perfect fool" is neither bumbling
or ludicrous, but rather is naif, or so pure that the worldliness of others
is invisible to him, so pure that no matter what, he remains pure. Now, of
course, that purity has something to do, not with the Sangraal but with the
Sang Real.

alexis