Re:Survival

Apr 11, 1996 10:54 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:13 PM 4/11/96 -0500, you wrote:

>	I give Freud credit for "discovering" the unconscious and
>for emphasizing the importance of dreams, but little else.  However,
>I rather like Jung.  Jung realized that value-judgements are
>psychological, and that we place them on things according to our
>perception of meaning.  In short, he realized their relativity.  But
>I agree that if psychogenesis is to work, it must be based on the
>"core teachings" of Theosophy as an expansion of the 2 vols of the
>SD.  But just as HPB compares her Gupta Vidya with modern
>science, so we must compare psychogenesis with modern
>psychology.  I have already tried to do this in several areas,
>probably the most "stimulating" on theos-l has been ethics
>where I compared Kohlberg's moral stages to the traditional
>stages of occult development.  This kind of thing simply has
>to be done if Theosophy is to survive (I have no doubt that
>theosophy will survive just fine with or without us).
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>
>Well, I "like" neither Freud nor Jung though at least Jung meant well. I
have to ask why is the SD considered the "core teaching" of Theosophy when
it is entirely a Vedic and Mahayana Buddhist based work? What about "Isis
Unveiled" why is it that most Theosophist's whom I've met tend to utterly
ignore the work that started the theosophical movement on its way? As to
Institutionalized Theosophy (all three of them), survive? They are all three
totally moribund! I'll tell you this none of them will survive the century
if they don't wake up.

alexis dolgorukii, MTI,FTSA