Re: others

Apr 12, 1996 00:36 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 09:59 PM 4/11/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Alexis,
>
>Stealing another man's wife, and fooling around is, unfortunately, not
>something very out of the ordinary. I really thought you'd come up with some
>thing more juicy.
>
>Liesel
>Member TI, TSA,TS in Canada, HR

Well Leisel: When I lived in Germany, my music teacher (who as you may
remember was Mendelsohns great granddaughter, siad there had always been
rumours that Richard Wagner mau have indulged some of Ludwig of Bavarians
appetites to gain his financial support, especially for the Beiruth project
which was very expensive indeed. It's also odd that Hans von Bulow remained
Wagner's friend and chief musical supporter for the rest of their lives.
Maybe he was glad to get rid of Cosima...Wagner married her becuase she was
Listz's daughter and Wagner was absolutely certain (he shared Nietsche's
racial theories) that he and Cosima would produce a bunch of musical
geniuses. But as you know, he only produced a bunch of Nazis.

Actually people like Wagner seldom are original sexually> In my list of Gay
composers I forgot Franz Schubert, Frederick Chopin, Maurice Ravel,  Eric
Satie, Gian Carlo Menotti, Lucas Foss, Francis Poulanc, and Olivier Messian
if you took the Gays and the Jews out of the world of art and music there's
be hardly anyone else.

alexis