The Web

Apr 11, 1997 08:33 AM
by Thoa Tran

Sir Lidofsky:
>        My own delving into magick was with egotistical purposes in mind; I
>first was able to get to a point where I proved to myself that it
>worked, and then got to a level where I proved to myself that it would
>not further my egotistical purposes, and then I stopped. There are a
>number of things I touched upon during that period, at least one of
>which has increased my understanding of certain aspects of the Primary
>Literature. During scrying sessions, I would see the world as covered
>with webs (this was 20 years ago, and the naming of the WWW Internet
>service is coincidental) connecting things together. I am currently
>using that image as a visualization technique for the interconnectedness
>of everything. If one assumed that the Mahatmas were able to see those
>webs, a lot of their behavior (their isolation, dislike of cities, etc.)
>makes a lot more sense.
>
>        Bart Lidofsky

They now have getting the web through your TV and making it better.  Right
now, they are working on getting it even better.  You access the web the
moment you flip on the T.V.  You can switch from internet to T.V. or have
both on at the same time, using little box inserts.  You can also access
electronic mail.  The person you're communicating with would have his/her
picture on screen, and you can connect with several people at once.  Thus,
you can have several people's picture on screen while you're talking to
them.  Eerily like Star Trek.  Theosophists can have meetings that way.
Some will show up with horns and goatee, and we can rebuke them by saying,
"You're practicing black magic, again."

You can interact on the web.  No longer will you just sit there and watch
game shows, you can join in.  Actually, they already have that with certain
service providers.  Features on the web could be more advanced, such as
easy accessibility to certain sites.  You can use it as an organization
tool.  The TV and the computer are already powerful forces in the
household.  They have combined it, and are working at giving it even more
features.  Communication, financing and organization through the TV will be
the wave of the near future.  The service is already available in
California and Connecticut.  The information coming in through such things
will be faster than the traditional method of going through the computer.
This is because data will be going through your cable instead of the
telephone line.  This is faster than even the ISDN line.  With faster
incoming communication, the more likelihood of Star Trek-like communication
draws closer.  Gee, does that mean I have to look good?

Thoa