Re Adyar successors

Apr 10, 1996 05:51 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Doss,

First off, I would imagine that John Algeo isn't too interested in giving up
the Presidency of the TS right away. He took early retirement from his job
in order to become President. I think he's doing a good job, given the
parameters he has to work within, & I really don't know of anyone else who
would do a better one.

I met Betty Bland about 10, 15 years ago at a convention. I liked her a lot,
but I don't really know what philosophies she stands for. At the time, her
husband, David, was modernizing the way convicts were being treated in their
State, which I think was Tennesee, but I'm not sure anymore. It's a subject
matter I happen to know something about, because we serviced parolees at
work, & I also corresponded with convicts for a time. David Bland had some
really innovative ideas, in the right direction. I was impressed, & hoped
he'd be able to put his ideas into practice, because I thought what he tried
to implement would decrease the recidivism rate.

Liesel
Member Ti, TSA, TS in Canada, HR