Chains and rounds

Apr 10, 1996 11:14 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Someone on another list has asked me a stumper.  Where, prior
to HPB, does one find the doctrine of chains and rounds?  I
know that the Kabbalah has something similar, and the Hopis
their doctrine that this is the fourth world.  But in its
full-blown form, the chains/rounds material does not seem to
appear in print earlier than HPB.  By full-blown, I mean the
combination of
1) The doctrine of invisible globes as companions to the
physical planets, on other planes and
2) The passage of life-waves through these chains in repeated
"rounds."

Thanks if you can help.