Re:more

Apr 10, 1996 10:05 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Alexis:
> I know HPB wouldn't disagree with
>me, but HPB isn't the problem. CWL, Besant, Jinarajadasa. and Arundale et
>al, are the problem. If any of those people had made it clear theywere
>speaking symbolically or creating models of reality to make the
>comprehension of abstractions more attainable, we'd not be in such a pickle.
	Well, I can't disagree with you on this one. I would include Judge
and G de P on your list as well.   As a matter of fact, the first writer that I
came
across to use the term "model" for descriptions of the universe was in a book
by Robert Anton Wilson.  Only very recently do we see theosophists acknowledging

this.

>. I also aprehend there is a great danger in using a so-called
>"psychological" approach to theosophy as it tends to either avoid or
>euphemise reality into psychological states of physical human consciousness,
>and they, as I see it, are the least important aspects of consciousness.
	Agreed.  But psychogenesis will not replace cosmogenesis or
homogenesis but rather supplement them.  This should help avoid this
pitfall.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI