Re: TI membership list

Apr 10, 1996 03:51 PM
by Alan

In message <199604101834.OAA08179@ultra1.dreamscape.com>, "liesel f.
deutsch" <liesel@dreamscape.com> writes
>Chuck,
>
>Nobody's answering you, but I think you have a point there. We don't want to
>stand there "we're free & you aren't, nja, nja, njaaa!"
>
>Liesel
>Member TI, TSA, TS in Canadam HR

I have answered Chuck ... and we're not saying that.  The importance of
the "free" part of the statement is as much a declaration of ethos, of
setting a standard for the future.  We *are* free and we want to *stay*
free.  Nowhere in the TI statement do we denigrate *any* other
theosophical setups - on the contrary, we hope to be of service *in
amity* with them.

If they seek to denigrate us, or deprive their members of any freedoms,
the problems arising, if any, are theirs, not ours.  I hope that TI is
something that will be looking forward, not backwards.  Let us learn
from the mistakes of the past without parading them triumphantly as our
raison d'etre.  Our raison d'etre is to promote the three objects in the
best way we know how - and to seek and find even better ways by working
together freely and honestly.  Yep.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: