Re: wow!

Apr 09, 1996 04:36 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199604092151.JAA16756@nethost.whanganui.ac.nz>, Bee Brown
<bbrown@whanganui.ac.nz> writes
>My understanding of
>devachan, monads, life-atoms, manvantaras etc have helped a great deal with
>how I deal with each new situation that arises. It has to be ingrained so to
>be genuine reactions when I am phoned in the dead of night, fast asleep, to
>deal with a distraught person. My world view has grown large enough to see
>that in the end, it is maya but not for the people I deal with. I can
>discuss death with them in a reasonable manner because of my understanding
>of reincarnation, karma etc. I do not discuss theosophical concepts with
>these people but what I do discuss is coloured by my involvement with
>theosophy.

Of course - is that not part of the wonder of theosophical study?  But
you would not get very far if you used the terminology to the distraught
person who would not understand it.  Maybe, after being helped by you,
they might later, because of what they have found in your helping them,
ask more detailed questions by means of which they may begin to study
themselves.  I doubt if this often happens, but my guess is that it
could, and maybe sometimes does - I know it has in my own work over the
years.  Not everyone will take is as far as you or I - but maybe they
are not so dumb as me, and get the hang of it faster!

You are doing a great job - two, by the look if it :-)

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
Ancient Wisdom for a New Age