Re: Freedom

Apr 09, 1996 07:09 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Well, John,

I think you're lucky that you're in a situation & live in a country where
you have to think about what freedom really means. I'm not being facetious,
I really mean it. I've seen Hitler, Mussolini, Apartheid, condition in India
before Ghandi, banana republics, I've read accounts of the story of American
slaves, I've lived under Joseph McCarthy. All those things have sort of
managed to drum in to me what comparative freedom is all about. Matter of
fact, I can smell the minute someone comes along & tries to abrogate it even
one iota.

Liesel
Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR