Re: congratulations

Apr 08, 1996 11:36 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:23 AM 4/8/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Forty Years of Occultism

>Wish me a happy anniversary!
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>
>Happy Anniversary! Congratulations and commiseration!

I got into this thing in 1966 in Boston, via a contact with Sybil Leek. At
the time I was a thoroughly materialistic german/Scandanavian trained
archtectural and furniture designer. She predicted to my then total
amusement that "in five years, you will remember this conversation, see what
you are doing and be astonished". Four years later in 1970, in San
Francisco, I underwent one of those "dark nights of the soul" too, not
precisely the same as your's but enough like to make it clear that it was
the same kind of phenomenon. In mine I was given a choice, do a certain "job
of work" (again) or go get a new body. After much internal dithering (my
immediate desire was the "new Body option") I agreed to do the "work". About
a year later, and five years to the day from my conversation with Sybil, I
found myself doing an excorcism on someone who needed it badly (it was fully
successful) and I remembered Sybil's comments. I was, in fact, astonished.
Shortly thereafter I joined the TS for the first time.

alexis