Re: Suggested changes to TI statement of purpose

Apr 05, 1996 01:14 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:05 PM 4/4/96 -0500, you wrote:

>Below is a revised version for the consideration of TI members, as
>mentioned on theos-l in a separate post:
>
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL comprises those who subscribe to the
>spirit of the three objects first formulated by the Theosophical
>Society, but in a more up-to-date form based on suggestions by
>members of the internet community, and expressed thus:
>
>1. To form a nucleus within the universal human family, without
>distinction of sex, sexual orientation, creed, class, or color.
>
>2. To encourage and engage in the study of comparative religion,
>theosophy, philosophy, and the scientific method, according to
>individual ability and inclination.
>
>3. To investigate unexplained laws of nature and unrealized
>human potential and abilities, at the same time respecting _all_
>life.
>
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL is a voluntary network, whereby it is
>sufficient to declare one's sympathy and/or allegiance to the
>three objects, and to be registered as having done so.  No
>belief system is required *nor assumed to be held* by any
>member.
>
>There are no fees, no subscriptions, although voluntary
>donations and/or contributions *could* be made to specific
>projects or even individuals for particular and specified
>purposes.  As THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL does not have and does not
>need rules, whether anyone participates in or supports any such
>activity is an entirely personal matter.
>
>We hope to be of service, and to share what we have with others
>in amity with other theosophical, occult, and esoteric
>organizations.
>
>To join, send an e-mail message asking to be registered to
>
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>
>or give your name and other details you wish to share to the
>member who introduced you to Theosophy International.
>
>"TI" has members in five countries.
>
>How about a few more?
>
>Alan
>
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age

How about LOTS more!

Alan, I like my suggestions better (of course) but these are fine, the only
phrase that makes my hair curl is "unexplained laws of nature" it's not the
unexplained that's so bad, but the "laws of nature", cause as you surely
Know, I believe only in priciples and the most important of them is the
uncertainty principle. But, no need to split quarks!

alexis>