Re:Free Discussion

Mar 21, 1996 12:41 PM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Alexis writes:

>I fully understand the things Eldon and other place on the board in lieu of
>opinion, and I may, or may not, agree with them. What I want to hear from
>people in a free discussion is their actual ideas and perceptions and not
>quotations from Chairman Blavatsky.

I agree to some extent with what Alexis has said in this posting BUT I ask:
can we
not have a fruitful discussion of what HPB may have written on some
particular subject?

Can we not discuss some of HPB's ideas without being labelled
traditionalists or conservatives or fundamentalists?

Do we have to be constantly evolving novel "ideas"?

I have found over the years that far too many students of Theosophy don't
even know very much about what HPB even wrote.

Food for thought,

Daniel Caldwell