H.P.B.'s research

Mar 11, 1996 01:50 PM
by Mark Gegenhuber

Hi, again,

I did have another question. H.P.B. read widely and quoted from lots of
sources in her materials, and I've read about the controversy over
plagiarism and the like.  Are the sources she did mention verifiable? Are
they still in existence somewhere (a library...).  Some of the things she
wrote about may have come from oral sources - has anyone tried to validate
any of those?   Since the Society of Psychical Research rescinded their
judgement of "imposter"
does this mean her writings are now accepted as credible?   I guess I'm
trying to find out if HPB's work could provide markers to other secret or
not-so-secret sources of spiritual knowledge, or perhaps if those sources
are non-existent or were oral, is her work then considered valid as an
original source?

This question may not make sense, but I am not a historian and so lack a
little in technical expertise. I just don't want to base some work on ideas
or research that's already been proven to be false.  Thanks!