Re: Protest Unconstitutional Bill

Feb 07, 1996 02:16 PM
by Murray Stentiford, Scientific Software and Systems Ltd

Responding to Gregg Bartle

>>Alexis D.
>>the adeptii-illuminatii-Masters would be truly agast at the idea of a "thought
>>police" they stand for illimitable human liberty and as a result of that
>>liberty illimitable human evolution.
>
>Gregg B.
>Sorry, Alexis, but I'm still disturbed. For me, there is a major
>disconnect between being amused and being aghast. I'm not aghast at
>things that amuse me, and I'm not amused by things that make me
>aghast, but then I'm not an adept.
>
>I hope to find out that this attribution of fascist thinking to HPB,
>and via her to the Masters, is simply false. Explanations on the lines
>of -'well, it might be so, but she probably didn't really mean it, and
>the Masters had a good chuckle' - don't wash any dirty linen with me,
>in fact they upset me more.

What doesn't wash much with me, is the idea that HPB had the idea of thought
police in a fascist sense in her mind.

"1984" hadn't been written then.

I can see a need for the *positive* aspect of policing, ie protection, in
the area of mental and emotional energy, especially as minds get
stronger and occult knowledge becomes more widespread.

Legislated controls on advertising are a gesture in this direction.

The fact that human police forces don't always carry out their protective
role with wisdom and completeness is not much reason to suspect HPB of
subscribing to their failings.

Peace

Murray Stentiford
Member, Theosophy International, TS in New Zealand