Re: Wrapping up 1995

Jan 01, 1996 05:54 AM
by liesel

>Paul
Several side comments.

The way you describe the evolution of HPB literature reminds me of a
satirical work by Anatole France "La Pucelle". La pucelle the virgin is
Joan of Arc & France describes how each succeding generation pictures her
& writes & thinks about her. Each generation changes things around a little
& also makes it a little juicier. The last telling of the tale is not at all
like the original.

You say among Theosophists.."truth is held as the highest ideal than which
there is no dharma higher." I just want to tell you that I think there are
still a few around who stick to that.

Then you talk about Theosophical "orthodoxy". It would be nice if you were
being facetious but I'm afraid you weren't. I wonder how our founder who
repeatedly voiced that she wasn't infallible & that lateron more knowledge
would become available would feel about that.

Liesel
Member Theosophy International
Member Human Race Fifth Root