Re: Russian Theosophists

Dec 30, 1996 01:22 AM
by liesel

>Well even though the only Russian most of us can say is "Da" "Nyet" and
>"Vodka" it is possible that some of our Russian brethren may be able to
>write in English. That leaves us with the question of how many Russian
>Theosophists know about the internet and can they get on it?
>Chuck

Chuck

I've been corresponding with a Russian Theosophist in English for over 03
years now but by snail mail. We're communicating well. All of my letters &
book packages have made it to him but his letters are coming through in
dribs & drabs so that he's been waiting until some friend takes a trip
outside of Russia & has given them letters to mail to me so I'll be sure
to get them. His English is almost perfect. It's so good that I've mailed
him audio tapes in English & he can understand those too.

>I had an e-mail address from someone in Moscow from a different mailing
list & not too long ago asked this man in Moscow whether he'd expedite our
messages but he didn't write back so I guess it's "niet". Dunno where
you'd get a Russian Theosophist with e-mail capacity from. I got the address
of mine from Dick Slusser who does the "High Country Theosophist". If you're
interested in further details I'd be glad to tell them to you.

I know 01 more Russian word than you do. Mir means peace.

Liesel