Re: By - Laws : a new perspective/approach Paradigm shifts

Dec 29, 1996 07:03 AM
by liesel

Eldon

I think you've got a good point there. The Adyar TS *is* moving into being a
group of fellow seekers some wiser than others and that *is* brand new I
hadn't thought of it. That's why we're having changing over pains. But we'd
better settle it because the succession of gurus has fizzled out. It looks
like we're going to be a community of seekers from here on in. I haven't
even heard that anyone among our children has the qualities which might lead
to his/her being a guru when he/she matures. I think that this is something
we should consider very carefully before we move off in any direction.

Re the diverse TS organizations:
I've already said that I think any new Theosophist should get some Basic
Theosophy. I myself like the Adyar TS best because one can take the 03
objects into a million different directions. There are so many fascinating
subjects to study.
For a linguist like me there is Senzar Mind > thought forms > speech the
study of Mantras & chanting various esoteric facets of music writing.
Practicing Brother/Sisterhood is a lifelong endeavor & leads one into many
highways & byways as for instance my most rewarding correspondence with 02
TS groups in the 3rd world. The outlooks & needs of each group are entirely
different even though they're all Theosophists. Because we're supposed to
study "Unknown phenomena..." I've read & gotten at least something out of
Kapra Prygogene Particle Physics Teilhard bio-feedback Tibetan
Buddhism Ayurevedic Medicine Shamanism Quantum Theory. & just now I'm
wading through a book from which I can but garner a few ideas but
worthwhile ones "Trialogues at The Edge of The West" Abraham McKenna &
Sheldrake. Those are the ones I remember. There must be others. I don't know
of any other belief system that leads its members into such a diversity of
knowledge. To me that's the very best Adyar has to offer.... God's infinite
diversity.

Liesel
Member Theosophy International
Member Human Race