Akashic Records and EC

Dec 29, 1996 01:11 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Thanks to ann for the Raymond Moody reference and to Jerry S.
for reflections on reading the Akashic records. Hope I'm not
leaving anyone out who responded to my last Cayce post. It
turns out the readings themselves point to a plausible
explanation of what went on in the past life readings. Volume
8 Psychic Development contains much interesting material
explaining Cayce himself and 08 pages on the Great White
Brotherhood! Its center is alleged to be Virginia Beach :
Anyhow here's what he says about reading the Akashic records
for a particular person:

What records? Whose record is being interpreted or being
attempted to be interpreted that ye may comprehend that being
sought?
The records are upon time and space but these--ye say-- are
concepts of man. There is no time there is no space; they are
concepts. Then-- where?
In individual consciousness. The individual consciousness
arises from that faculty or that something called mind. Thus
those of old have said it in these words: "My spirit beareth
witness with thy spirit saith the Lord of hosts."
Then the record is thine. How then-- ye ask-- may this
individual ye call Edgar Cayce interpret same?...Whence cometh
such a knowledge to one individual as to interpret the records
of another through varied spheres of activity and experience?
Only as a gift of Him who has given "If ye keep my ways I
will love thee will abide with thee and bring to thy
remembrance *all* things from the foundation of the world."
Then while the source may be entirely capable of bringing a
full or complete knowledge the answers must ever be according
to the law just given-- within thine own self.
OK then. If the "record" is within the individual person
let's consider this in light of Theosophy. The personality is
mortal the *result* but not the *continuation* of past
personalities. Only the higher triad survives death.
Therefore if what Edgar is reading is within the person and
the ex-personalities are *not* within the person all he can
read is the *results* of the ex-personalities; i.e. the
skandhas. And of course the lasting individuality. What this
suggests to me is that Edgar was quite capable of giving a
correct reading of a person's spiritual identity his/her
karmic inheritance from past personalities and his/her
physical condition. But by virtue of *what* he is reading he
*cannot* access detailed historical information about those
past personalities because it isn't *there.* So when his
reading goes into a blank spot the blank gets filled in by
some regurgitated Bible or some fantasy Atlantis derived from
Donnelly etc. The blank becomes a hole through which material
of less reliability and value pours in. The unconscious for
some reason seems incapable of just saying "I don't know" and
will come up with *some* answer no matter what.

How's that?