Re: Pharisaic Self-righteousness

Dec 28, 1996 06:13 AM
by RIhle

KPJ

>A New Year's resolution then based on this passage from the
>readings: when confronted with PSR in a post or in person I
>will try to: arecognize that PSR is the commodity being
>delivered bignore it if possible and respond to any or all other elements
>of the communication cat times give a comment as to the
>intensity of PSR displayed but dnot reciprocate by giving an
>even larger dose of PSR in return.

RI

Hi Paul.

I'm having a wonderful time on Christmas break away from all the
"talented-and-gifted" for a while apart from the 40-50 so far letters of
recommendation I am having to write to Yale Princeton MIT etc.--a
little-appreciated drawback to teaching at this end of the high-school
spectrum. Anyway what to do about pharisees. . . .

I am wondering about your point *d*. Since pain resulting from the
consequences of semi-Self egoic indulgence seems to be thing which
discourages further indulgence at that particular level of consciousness
could it not be possible that there will be instances where you may feel
obliged to *help* another person's "psychogenetic" progress by giving him or
her a dose of pain?

Or would it always be best to abstain in order to avoid a new
sin--"psychogenetic self-righteousness"?

Just wondering. . . .

Best wishes

Richard Ihle