Re: TI: Project 01

Dec 27, 1996 05:12 PM
by guru

> To Alan our Grand Poobah -: members of TI and the rest of the
> Cyber-Theosophists on the theos-l list:
> Greetings ...

<snip>

> SO! Any comments from TI members? From non-TI list members? From
> people who think I'm a dufus and will get it all wrong -:?
> And as I now take to sketching the chapters & structure tell
> me especially those who have previously mentioned their desire to have
> a book they could refer people to .. ... what general topics would you
> consider to be absolute *essentials* for an introductory book?
> Toodles -JRC

You mis-spelt Pooh Bear? Like Bee I can report that there is a
fairly straightforward intro sent out by English TS HQ to new
members which can also be purchased. Our Lodge is out of
copies right now so I can't refer to it but it sort of gives
the "party line" in terms that would be familiar to CWL et seq.

Anyhow dear dufus this don't help anyone in the US of A so
why not go ahead with an outline and we can all mess with it
until it is servicable for - and this is the crunch I guess -
someone who has never heard of either theosophy or the society
bearing its name .......

For my part I would want to include a disclaimer to the effect
that whilst presenting the commonly held theosophical teachings
etc. the intro is not intended as a "statement of faith" but as
a guide for those who need somewhere to start and that
individuals may and likely do have variant opinions regarding
the basic teachings presented. Phew! That's already too wordy
innit?

Alan
--
Member Theosophy International.