Re: Opposing forces?

Dec 27, 1996 08:02 AM
by liesel

>This is only in a roundabout way connected to Sylvia Cranston's book but
rather it deals with the influence of dark brotherhood mentioned in the
message. I learned something very useful in that regard from Serge King. The
dark brotherhood rules by fear. If you're not afraid they can't touch you.
Who are they? Well here we are talking about besmirching HPB which
diminishes all of us some including the besmircher because we have a tie
to her. We're talking disparagingly about other Theosophical leaders &
writers. That diminishes us just as well. Besides our own little
Theosophical circle just look around & see how many creators of negativity
& of fear there are in this world... people who try to tear us down instead
of building us up. It's not only the dope addict who robs & cheats & lies
all arond his neighborhood it's also a boss who won't give his employe the
satisfaction of a job well done but rather makes them seem little &
unimportant. To me that's dark brotherhood. I had a mother with 02 kids over
for Xmas dinner. One of the kids tried hard to be sociable but didn't make
it quite. Her Dad was going to pick her up after dinner & take her to his
house for a few days. & she'd have to listen to him tell her how awful her
mother & her brother are when she loves both of them dearly. That to me is
dark brotherhood. Serge taught us to bless as much as possible which is
sometimes difficult. But you say something nice to a person & their whole
being lights up. The aura expands & maybe their next action will be
something real nice for sure nicer than if you've just insulted them & made
their & your aura shrivel up.
End of thought for the day.
Liesel