Theos-l makes news

Dec 27, 1996 03:30 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Today I received the Jan/Feb issue of the Akbar Lodge newsletter. The
cover article was entitled "Observations from the Internet". In it the author
put forth in polite terms the wrangling fighting and intellectual warfare that
tend to break out on our little mailing list.

The most interesting part to me was the realization that there are people *out
there* reading our group discusssions. Often I forget that and tend to think I
am only to talking to KPJ Dr. Bain Liesel Rich Sy Mr. Coherent the two
Jerrys Doss etc. It's almost like there is an invisible audience that
materializes once in great while to make us aware they are there.

This is the last paragraph of the article:
"As we move toward more and more interaction among other Theosophists and
discover the extent of the disimilarities of expression and source are we ready
to find those common points and foster the true feeling of Unity which should
exist among Theosophists? The hot brand of authority bearing the words "Not
Theosohy" should not fall too quickly upon the ideas of others. It is up to
each of us to remain our own authority based on what we ourselves have learned
through study obsrvation and experience continually exercising and
strengthening our powers of discrimination." signed: A Theosophy Student

Ann E. Bermingham