Re: Regarding TI

Dec 25, 1996 05:00 PM
by John R Crocker

On 26 199512 MK Ramadoss wrote:

> I have been following *very closely* what is going on relative to
> TSA's Bylaws. As far as I know I *do not* see any power struggle.
Save to the extent that HQ is struggling with its membership. I
think there is a power struggle between two different *ideas* of what
Theosophy is and between two different ideas of how hierarchically power
ought to be distributed between the national and Lodge levels.

> Most of the discussion you have seen are coming out of the
> implementation of policies originating from excellent motivation in the
> protecting the long term interests of TSA. Just the fact that there is much
> discussion here itself is very healthy gives strength to TSA and when
> ultimately the policies are properly implemented they will only strengthen
> TSA. No other organization would have tolerated the kind of discussions we
> have had here.
Sadly the TSA really did *not* tolerate these discussions ... it
could not stop them. It made no effort to permit or encourage similar
discussions in for instance the AT. In fact seems to have gone out of
its way to sharply limit the time and information available for discussion.
-JRC