Re: Object 02

Dec 25, 1996 02:25 PM
by MK Ramadoss

At 085700 PM 12/23/95 -0500 Alan wrote:

>When the Adyar objects are considered there is no commitment to
>study anything at all and theosophy as a subject is not even
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>mentioned an all too familiar peculiarity to the Adyar TS
^^^^^^^^^
>thinking members.

It is one of the very important facts that I point out to new and
prospective members that it is *the only* organization where its main
subject is not *defined*. The motto of TS is "There is no Religion Higher
Than Truth". As all of us are just students of Truth Divine Wisdom -
Theo-Sophia cannot IMHO be static and be *defined*. The fact that TS has
lived for 120 years is a standing evidence of the soundness of this decision
of the Founders.

IMHO that is why when there is some talk about the what lodges and
study centers should *study* I felt that there could not and should not be
any specific set of books as the specific line of work of each lodge/study
center/ is different from any other.

Long time ago I was a associated with an extremely active lodge
which is as active today which had close to 300 members not counting
their family members who participated in the programs. For example in
spite of the varied kinds of programs there was *not* a single lecture or
study class on "Secret Doctrine" during the thirteen years I attended the
lodge programs. So each lodge has to tailor its activities to the line of
work its members want to commit themselves.

MK Ramadoss