Torn Inside

Dec 23, 1996 02:33 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Paul:
> as the part of me that finds overwhelming value in *some* of Cayce's readings
>*resists* the awareness that there is some *junk mail* in the
>akashic records.

Good posting Paul. One small point here: there is nothing per se
wrong with the akashic records if one can see them directly. The "junk"
comes when we view them through the astral-mental planes which distort
what is there the akashic records as written by the Lipikas are on the
casual plane which is above the personal ego and very hard for us to view
directly. Because of the distortion when viewing them through the astral
which is to say through our own personal emotions and desires this sort
of thing is discouraged in theosophy. How is one to know if one's viewing
is direct or is being distorted? Basically if you the personality are doing
the viewing then you can rest assure that there is distortion. You have to
shift consciousness to something higher than the ego in order to read
these "records" correctly. Apparently Cayce sometimes did this and
sometimes didn''t. This problem is inherent with the job of clairvoyance
and all psychics are subject to it. It sounds like your job is going to be
trying to sort out which is a direct view and which is a distortion. Like
CWL Cayce was human after all.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Jerry S.