Cycles-Continuous Multi-Dimensional Unbroken

Dec 22, 1996 06:16 AM
by Keith Price

Well I did learn a few things from my meditaion on the solstice. I was awake
from about 11:00-3:00 this morning. Yesterday was my last day of work for the
holidays and I was very tired. I wasn't able to meditate really as I had
expected. I went outside. It was raining and the sky was an empty grey. I
did try to focus on the meaning of the solstice point as a beginning of a cycle.
I did feel the energies of Saturn and Capricorn if that meens restriction old
age death learning from lossesdepression and worry. I thought of those on
theos-l and other spiritual groups and what the new year may hold for the world
and peace.

Today when I got up I continued to examine my perhaps over-enthusiam and high
expectations regarding the solstice. I realized that the ancients had parties
and festivals to more exactly mark the event. We choose Christmas and Jan. 01
New Year's Day in the West for our celebrations. Thus the solstice is not
really a discrete event designed to give one a "spiritual experience" but an
event in space from a geocentric point of view that marks an point in a
CONTINUOUS cyle. Like a sine wave or other curve it is not a collection of
points on a Cartesiam Coordinate graph but a smooth continuous FLOW of energy
that our minds and geocentric position see as an "event". A solstice on earth
would be a quite different astronomical allignment on Mars and along the
equator hardly matters at all.

Yet it does symbolizes an opportunity for reflection. We will see on TV and in
print all the "stories of the year" and "people of the year.'" Appropriately
Newt Gingrich is "TIME" magazine's man of the year for some representing the
worst of Capricorn a ruthless stingey Grinchey Scrooge and for others an
idealistic and wise executive doing the hard things that others are afraid to do
for fear of being called "mean spirited".

The Lunar New Year occurs for those using the Eastern Calender in late Jan
of early Feb. So time is in some ways more maya. But still the season as
a whole offers a chance for reflection on material and spritual directions for
the next calender year. THe Capricorn energies are just beginning to be felt.
But there are other cycles at work of course. Spiritual guidance is a precious
thing at any time.

Namaste
Keith Price