Torn Inside

Dec 21, 1996 05:38 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

Sundry snips unmarked

> The inner tearing comes between the intensely positive lyrical
> mysticism evoked by the Meditation readings the Life and Death
> volume and the Study Group readings and the loud screeching
> of my bullshit detector set off by the Early Christian
> readings-- with the dream material at an intermediate level of
> moderate interest and appreciation. The Early Christian volume
> reveals that dozens nay scores of people who got past life
> readings from Cayce *just happened* to have been eyewitnesses
> to the life of Christ. Without arguing for my perception I'll
> simply state that I *intuit* that this is simply regurgitation
> of the Bible turned into fictional past lives not done with
> deceptive intent but rather fulfilling some psychic need of
> Christians to imagine themselves living in immediate proximity
> to their Lord.

Ignatius of Loyala in his ~Spiritual Exercises~ instructs pupils
to undertake this eyewitness activity from within *this present*
life. Now there's a thought.

But yes I think your bullshit detector is working fine. :-

> *resists* the awareness that there is some *junk mail* in the
> akashic records.

Why resist? There's bound to be - *everything* is supposed to
be recorded even I imagine TMR. :-

> To feel *simultaneously* the awe
> reverence joy of recognizing something as emanating from a
> divine source *and* the unease regret and perplexity caused by
> recognizing that it has been contaminated distorted and
> limited by *human contraints* is the beginning of wisdom.

Amen.

> Happy holidays to everyone still reading at this point!

Someone is still reading you Paul!

Peace and joy and all that don't forget to sign up for TI

Alan
--
Member Theosophy International.
Member Human Race.