Re: Dark Nights and Brighter Days

Dec 21, 1996 05:29 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

> I tried to find the path Capricorn represents in the kabala but couldn't.
> Perhaps this too is as well. Saturn in some systems is Binah the dark
> archetypal watery mother-womb--cryptically referred to as UNDERSTANDING.

"PATH TWENTY-SIX

"The Renewing Intelligence. Thereby God reneweth all which is
capable of renovation in the creation of the world."

Sepher Yetzirah: The letter Ayin. Laughter. The zodiacal sign
Capricorn.

The Minor Sephiroth: 'Hesed in Assiah.

The Christian Church: The Book of Epistles.

The Greater Tarot: Card fifteen the "Devil."

Commentary: "Thereby God reneweth all which is capable of renova-
tion in the creation of the world."

"One day the Children of God came to attend upon the Eternal and
among them was Satan. So the Eternal said to Satan: Where have
you been? "Round the earth" he answered "roaming about." So
the Eternal asked: Did you notice my servant Job? There is no
one like him on the earth; a sound and honest man who fears God
and shuns evil. "Yes" said Satan "but Job is not God-fearing
for nothing is he? Have you not put a wall round him and his
house and all his domain? You have blessed all he undertakes
and his flocks throng the countryside. But stretch out your hand
and lay a finger on his possessions; I warrant you he will curse
you to your face." The Eternal said to Satan: "Very well; all
he has is in your power but keep your hands off his person."

"Then Jesus was led by the Spirit out into the wilderness to be
tempted by the Devil . . . The Devil showed him all the dominions
of the world and their splendour. "I will give you all of
these" he said "if you worship me." Jesus replied: Be off
Satan!

These instances show a far different picture of the satanic role
than that depicted in the popular imagination or for that
matter in many theological or church circles. It is quite clear
that in Old and New Testament times the role of "Satan" a word
meaning "adversary" was regarded as a legitimate and divinely
approved function.

> But to avoid a hopeless confusion of symbols perhaps the simple idea of the
> solstice is an ending that is also a beginning.
>
> Namaste
> Keith Price

Happy beginning! 25 minutes to Solstice .......

Alan
--
Member Theosophy International.
Member Human Race.