Re: Internet

Dec 21, 1996 07:42 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

Bee B:
>I have found internet a good communication medium for me as I have had to
>organise my thoughts and knowledge system so that I could try to make
>intellegent remarks that had coherence. I know a lot of stuff but I
>discovered that it was rather all over the place in my mind so it has been
>good for me. I also enjoy all the posts. I have just borrowed from my
>daughter and am now the proud possessor of a Pentium 90 with Windows 95.
>What fun. Sorry just had to show off.
>This list is good to read as there aren't a whole lot of posts from people
>who talk nonsense as there are on many of the newsgroups that I subscribe
>to. The one on Meditation is generally hopeless. An e-mail list like this
>one is very educative.

I've found this to be my experience as well.

Speaking of hardware: My husband and I started in 1982 with an Atari 800 48K
and a NovaCat 300 baud modem. Last year he built me a 486-50 with 16 meg of
memory and running Windows 3.1. It took him all the time between Christmas and
New Years and he had parts all over the place on beach towels.

I also agree with Mr. Coherence that this list exposes one to many different
viewpoints and opinions which is very good.

Ann E. Bermingham