Re: Musings of a Theosophical Heretic

Dec 20, 1996 05:01 PM
by guru

> Here are a few questions that have puzzled me over the years and I put them
> out that they may puzzle you as well. While I have my own opinions on these
> I will withhold them for the moment and see what kind of answers if any are
> forthcoming.
> 1. Was the Buddha really enlightened or was he merely some nut with a good
> press agent?

An enlightened nut with a good press agent?

> 2. Is karma a reality or merely a useful means of social
control?

There ain't no such thing as a free lunch; a free lunch *can* be
a useful means of social control. Karma = "If I hit my thimb
with the hammer it hurts."

> 3. Did the Masters tell the truth in their letters?

Yes in parts but - Who wrote the Mahatmas letters? What is truth?

> 4. How much of Theosophy is a reflection of the culture of
its founders?

Curiously not as much as one might suppose IMHO.

> 5. Does anyone really care about the rounds and the chains and why should
> they?

Difficult to know what one is supposed to care about. Maybe
I'll be able to answer this after the next day and night of
Brahma as by then I should be *at least* a major Avatar.

> Have fun.

I always try in my humble way.

> Chuck Cosimano

Alan
--
Member Theosophy International - how about you?
Member Human Race.