Solstice Meditation

Dec 20, 1996 05:09 AM
by Keith Price

More on the Solstice:

ANN B:
According to my astro-program the will move into Capricorn according to
this US schedule:

!:30 AM EST 023000 AM CST 3:30 AM MST 4:30 AM -0800

This schedule is based on the being 00 degree 01 min in Capricorn in
Chicago.
The Moon will be 03 degrees 40 min in Capricorn. Also in Capricorn will be
Mercury Mars Neptune and Uranus.

I wish I knew how to translate this into international hours. How would we
handle a international theos-l meditation?

- Ann E. Bermingham
-----------------------------------
Keith again:
Your are probably right. I was using the Neil F. Michelsen "THe American
Ephemeris" which is not Grenwich. I was trying to convert to 6+ hours for
Houston. You bring up a good point. The actually ingress will occur at
diffiernent times around the world! Since we are not live on-line we cannot
actually do a group meditation as if we were in the room together. But the
internet poses challenges and offers opportunities. Since some consider theos-l
an "electronic lodge" we can see that in some way it is not at all like a
physical lodge but in what way is it a spiritual lodge? Perhaps something like
this meditation could show us the opportuinites and limitations of our trying to
be in spritual and not just intellectual contact. Many will not be interested
at all. But for those that are I suggest that we meditate at anytime of the
day that is conventient and report our experiences if any to the group.

I think the Capricorn energies should give us ample opportuntiy to reflect on "
inner government" whether in our individual psychology or on the global scale
of politics. Visualize the solsitce as a time of disintergration recycling
and rebirth.

Someone e-mailed me regarding some ideas about the moon's cycles and meditation:

On a post to theos-l earlier today you mentioned the AAB group full moon
meditation; that is indeed the "spiritual high point" of the month but
there is also a cyclic meditation that is done on the day of the new moon on
"strengthening the hands of the New Group of World Servers" or to put it
another way the new moon cycle corresponds with physical plane activity
while the full moon corresponds to spiritual as in "non-physical plane"
contact -- at the new moon the energies contacted earlier are made "real"
on the lower levels.

In the AAB writings the Tibetan says that the annual work of the Hierarchy
in preparation for Wesak at the full moon of Taurus begins "from the moment
the sun begins its nrthward course" -- at the solstice. This is the "lower
interlude" on the annual cycle matching the lesser cycles of the moon.
Keith:
This gives me some new ideas regarding meditation and astrological cycles. If
anyone knows what Blavatsky Leadbetter or others might have said about the
solstice and meditation please tell us. I am looking forward to the inner
experience of the outter astrological symbology regarding the upcoming solstice.

It is exciting to know that other groups such as the AAB World Servers may be
meditating regarding large issues such as World Peace and the possible influence
of the Buddha and the spiritual hierarchies at the times of these cyles.

Namaste
Keith Price