Re: your mail

Dec 19, 1996 11:10 PM
by M K Ramadoss

On 20 199512 liesel f. deutsch wrote:

> To: Lewis Lucas
>
> beg to differ re the internet being a poor communications medium. I know I
> cant' see you folks but talking to you on the internet beats not talking to
> any Theosophists at all which is what I had before I begged borrowed &
> didn't steal money to get me a computer. I'm accepting whatever "face"
> anyone shows me on the internet without worrying too much about what other
> faces they might present in person.
>
> Liesel

Very few people know that you DO NOT need an expensive fast computer
to user Internet unless you want to see all the nice graphics. It will
run on an XT and all you need is a communication program. Of course a
fast modem will help. I hope computer people get this across to potential
Internet/e-mail users. I got on internet when a friend told me that she
started with a 286 and graduated to a 386. But I started with a XT clone
and I use both the XT clone and the 386 to access Internet.

...doss