Anonymity

Dec 19, 1996 10:47 PM
by K. Paul Johnson

In answer to Coherence's questions:
1 Do you think the energy flow will really change?
I think it already has with your response and JRC's comments
inspired by it.
2 Why was it so important to know...
Didn't say it was *so* important; just asked if you'd mind
revealing yourself.
3 Was this a correct ethical move? for Doss I think it was
to get your name from the list
Note that your post addresses "you" and it's unclear how much
you mean that singularly to me; in this case it wasn't my
ethical move. In the circumstances what Doss did was simply to
post information that was easily accessible; if you had really wanted
anonymity it need not have been so. Sorry if you feel
violated but I think JRC has answered this one already.
4 What is you would have discovered something you would have
rather NOT known?
Well my only strategy was to ask if you would reveal your
identity. Not sure what Doss or others might have discovered
about anyone that we would rather not know-- any clues to offer?
About your bet-- No I didn't hunt for Christmas presents or
shake them because I enjoyed the anticipation. Sometimes
mystery enhances things but not IMO in this forum. As for your
being condescending I can only ask others for feedback in that
regard. Your remarks about our political discussion about the
Adyar TS in general about my post on Edgar Cayce best laugh
in a long time about the sad state of most Theosophists on
theos-l etc. etc. do come across as condescending. In 1958
Pierce Spinks in his Theosophists Reunite! accused ULT of
acting like the Brahmins of Theosophy who look down on the rest
of us. There is a collective personality in ULT that does
indeed come across as condescending. I've participated in
intergroup events at least twice at which the Pasadena and
Adyar people were entirely loose and interchangeably friendly
but the ULT people were distinctly closed off and
superior-acting. This in the East; I think cooperation has
worked better in California based on events I've attended there.
In any event my point was to invite you to relax the "ULT
spokesperson" persona and just be ordinary folks like the rest
of us. I apologize for doing so in a way that offended you.