Re: Practical lessons & guidance

Dec 18, 1996 05:05 AM
by MK Ramadoss

At 044600 PM 12/15/95 -0500 you wrote:
>Doss:
>>From a lay man's point of view even if the disclaimer was signed
>>if a participant in one of the programs gets sick at a future date
>>a smart tenacious and expensive Chicago lawyer knowing the
>>deep pockets of TSA may chose to pin down liability on TSA
>>citing past theosophical writings/publications such as
>>the one's I cited. The lawyers defending TSA would do so with
>>great glee as they know they can generate a lot bills and TSA
>>has money in the bank to pay the bills. More litigation more bills.
>
>If someone chokes on a piece of carrot in the Olcott dining room or claims he
>caught salmonella from a bad salad dressing then anyone could sue for almost
>anything. If the maintenance crew fails to clear the snow and ice off the
>walkway and entrance to the building and someone falls some one can yell
>"SUE!" Some parent can sue TS for poisoning the mind of their child with
>theosophy. You could sue Olcott for giving you sore feet climbing up those
>steps to the auditorium. The possibilites are endless and no amount of
>prevention is going to help. Cross your fingers do the best you can and hope
>your aspects are good.
>
>Ann E. Bermingham

Sure all of the above and more is possible. Prudence requires risk
issues need to be deliberately looked at and with the best professional help
decisions have to be taken. What all I am pointing out is that this is an
issue that Wheaton "may" want to look at. If Wheaton had no money or assets
at all then most of the risk problems just go away. They do not when you
have deep pocket.

MK Ramadoss