Re: Dangerous TSA Bylaw Changes Part 02

Dec 14, 1996 04:43 AM
by John R Crocker

On 14 199512 Liesel F. Deutsch wrote:

> Hey guys
>
> You seem to exclude that a democratic organization can have a strong
> leader. I think an organization in which everyone knows the score &
> has valid opinions needs a stronger leader to guide it than one
> where the leader just has to get up & say "We're going to do such &
> such." & then everybody bows down low & says "Yassu!"

But what if that leader seeks to *control* instead of *guide* rather
significant difference between those two things methinks ... what if
that leader delibrately attempts to limit the ability of that strong
membership to *know* the score by refusing to provide requested
information about the organization ... what if that leader purposely
misrepresents events so as to achieve ends not fully disclosed?
I agree a democratic organization can have a strong leader but
in leadership to be strong does not mean to dominate.
-JRC