Alice A. Bailey; tenets

Dec 12, 1996 08:52 AM
by jmeier

The writings of ALice A. Bailey AAB in shorthand make up an interesting
part of the overall body of theosophical publications IMO.

I don't believe there is any question about the books' basis in the
theosophy of HPB but there is certainly debate on nearly everything after
that point. As mentioned in an earlier post my introduction to AAB came
from a local TS group in Austin TX -- the first TS group I had ever met.
The following text is taken more or less verbatim from a pamphlet by the AAB
publishing group. I will attest to the accuracy of what is written here in
so far as matching the original published material -- I am interested to
know how the ideas fit or clash with "orthodox" theosophy as promoted by
the larger organizations. note: "new" is a relative term; some of the
"newer" ideas of Alice Bailey are commonplace now and we may discover that
the source as far as can be determined or inspriration may predate AAB.
It is *not* my intention to promote a debate or discussion regarding
materials which are not in public circulation from the ES archives or any
other such source.

Jim

The Tibetan Djwhal Khul has said that his work continues on the
foundations laid by Mdm. Blavatsky and the early teachers in the TS. He
gives us in some detail what he considers to be the "newer truths" and he
lists these seven ideas as

1 The teaching on Shamballa; the Spiritual Hierarchy of the earth and the
"center where the Will of God is known" including the nature of the will
aspect and the building of the conscious bridge between the personality and
the higher Self

2 The teaching on the New Discipleship including the changes resulting
from the new energies available as we transit into Aquarius and the
meditative techniques for the Aryan people

3 The teaching on the Seven Rays the conditioning energies or "Seven
Spirits before the Throne of God" emphasizing the psychology of the
consciousness of man and God

4 The teaching on the new astrology with the conditioning forces which
influence the soul and not the personality

5 Information about the New Group of World Servers as a group intermediate
between Hierarchy and humanity and determining the quality of the period in
which we live through the men and women of goodwill

6 The attempt to form an exoteric branch of the inner Ashram as detailed
in the two volumes of Discipleship in the New Age and

7 The teaching on the coming new world religion emphasizing the three
major festivals and nine lesser and of the meditations at the time of the
full moon. This establishes a relation between the work of the Buddha and
the Christ broadening human aspiration.

These are the essential teachings of the Tibetan. The Lucis Trust is the
organization responsible for the legal and financial affairs of the service
activities set up in conjunction with the Bailey teachings. There are a
number of parallels between the Lucis Trust and the TS; both organizations
have a wonderful and free lending library by mail both maintain a
correspondence course designed for training individuals in the methods of
occultism and meditation and both will absolutely fill your mailbox with
all kinds of interesting things just for asking.

In my opinion the Tibetan's teachings can be summed up as information about
*relationships* and the Laws and principles which govern them.