Re: God loves you He/She/It Does!

Dec 12, 1996 07:39 AM
by Jerry Schueler

Some responses to Eldon's posting:

>According to our theosophical textbooks the separation into
>sexes happened in an earlier race and will one day in the
>distant future end. It is a temporary experience. We as
>human Monads are not male or female but simply human.

The sexes split at the inception of duality and will
continue so long as we live in a dualistic world.

>The being whose existence brings about our world a being which
>might be called "God" is sexless. Sexual differences are like
>other patterns of personality; they are psycho-physical. They
>are among those specific attributes taken on in a particular
>lifetime.

I do not believe that such a "being" exists. Our
world was brought about by a countless host of beings all
acting through karmic laws of causation and just a little
chaos to liven things up. Your words suggest a very narrow
definition of "sex." In occultism female and male mean a
lot more than physical bodies or personalities. Female is
soft and accepting while male is firm and directing. Male is
the conscious I while female is its world or Not-I and so on.
Bodies and personalities are but expressions of these basic
dualisms on the lower planes. They will continue must
continue on the lower planes so long as their basic
archetypes exist on the higher planes.
I agree with Jung that we each have an inner
opposite sexual identity so that every man has a feminine
anima and every woman has a masculine animus. Thus
I would say that we don't have to wait for countless eons
in the future but we are in fact whole and complete
human beings right now.

>While male and female are polarizations of our physical body
>and temporary constructs masculine and feminine are universal
>qualities that things can take on

As I noted above I see the lower as expressions of
the higher. If "masculine and feminine are universal qualities"
then we will take on male and female bodies forever because
these are but expressions.

>What we will find in the future I think is that as physical
>gender differences disappear that anyone can live out an
>individually-appropriate mix of masculine and feminine qualities
>without regard to the size of their nose the color of their
>eyes nor their reproductive plumbing.

This will not happen in any of our lifetimes and I
rather think it a pipedream albeit a nice one. The current
movement toward "equality" is one in which women are trying
to be more like men. This has already resulted in sever
psychological damage to many women and some men.
The answer is not for one sex to imitate the other but for
the two to combine in a monadic-like unity. I do not
believe that this will ever happen on Globe D.

Jerry S.
Member Theosophy international