Working on ballot

Dec 12, 1996 04:29 AM
by K. Paul Johnson

Have been trying to follow all points of view expressed about
by-laws here and in the AT and am coming up confused.
Questions for anyone who cares to advise:

I'm voting yes for the housekeeping changes
1-35710-14 because I haven't seen any reason to oppose them.
No on 08 for reasons stated by others.
Am not clear about 469 and 15-19. Would vote no on 09 but
after reading John Algeo's explanation that the new by-law on
rescinding membership is not as bad as the old guess it's OK.
4 makes me wonder what sort of compatibility statement is
needed and why; 06 is confusing with two lawyers giving opposite
advice 15-18 raise issues of local autonomy I'd like to see
debated more and 19 makes me want to know the current rules
about referendum petitions.

Can anyone shed more light on any of the above?