Re: Copy of: Sidetorture to Eldon

Dec 11, 1996 05:27 PM
by malcolmi

> I prefer to think of it in terms of ideas which are then clothed
>in thoughts which are then clothed in words. because of all of the
>clothing disguises we often hear the words but miss the ideas
>behind them.

You have made a finer distinction here between ideas thoughts and words
which I have not experience of or not noticed!. I like you image of
clothing disgiuses I guess I had thought of it as a process of reduction
as sort of orthogonal projection from a higher demension to a lower
excluse my mathmatical model but its the only one I have where
information is lost not gained and there are an infinite number of
possible projections depending on you view point plane of reference.

Ugh! Can any one with a mathmatical mind translate that into something more
generally comprehesible?

>>Anyway I have used this as a technique of meditation:- to try and stay in
>>that space where thoughts are thoughts but before they become words. I
>>found it a very effective way to 'quiet the mind' and gain insites into the
>>mind's working.
>
> Here you will find images. Words are rolled up into
>thoughts which are rolled up into ideas which are expressed on
>this level as pure images.

Lovely. Good to see in from the other way round. Again I had always seen in
analytically ie: we have to tear ideas apart to put then into words.

Malcolm