Re: Nutritious theosophy

Dec 11, 1996 03:13 PM
by eldon

Coherence:

>Theosophy exists independent of the T.S. or any other body and most
>fail to realize this.

This is an important point. It's easy to lose sight of this as one moves
into a leadership role in theosophical groups. Our intent is to
disseminate the Philosophy. Theosophical groups are better than nothing
but could be improved. Perhaps with the diversity of theosophical views
and international participation we could on theos-l come up with some
useful original ideas about where to go in the future.

>It is the mutual sympathy of thought existing among Theosophists which
>binds them together. When studying in ernest help is never far away.

I agree but would put it differently. Despite the sometimes differing
ideas and thoughts it is the mutual dedication to the Bodhisattva ideal
-- harmless and the life of compassion -- that binds Theosophists and
those of all the approaches to the spiritual together. The study is one
aspect of the Path. When expressing love wisdom and compassion in the
world help is never far away in obtaining the ideas words strength
and external circumstances to live the life.

>And if we each acted according to the spirit and philosophy of the
>teachings more would be drawn to and stay with Theosophy being the
>most undiluted statement of the Ancient Wisdom

And if we act with innocent pure unstained intent with pure
motivation with selfless love and impersonality we will bring the
fruits of the spiritual to the world. We can bring ourselves and others
to the Path where we learn directly from the Gupta Vidya the Wisdom
Tradition. This blazing fire of Wisdom uses the public exoteric
materials found in the theosophical textbooks and other great writings
of the world as its tinder. Our intent with this tinder is not so much
to build a wooden box as it is to provide the material to consume that
allows us to create a blazing light that brightens the world about us!

-- Eldon